Arthur's Plaid Pants is the business name of illustrator Jen Husted-Goss.
I've been lucky enough to turn my childhood love of drawing into a full time career as an illustrator. I received my BFA from Eastern Michigan University with my concentration in graphic design.
After being a freelance graphic designer and then co-owner of a design firm in Chicago, I decided I wanted to branch out on my own and focus solely on my illustrations. I started Arthur's Plaid Pants in 2010. I started selling online and doing shows all over the midwest.
My business is named after my grandfather Art (Arthur) and the obnoxious plaid
polyester golf pants he loved to wear (he wasn’t a golfer).
I run a sustainable business. Supporting local, family owned & sustainable businesses is my top priority.
• All of my products are printed by a sustainable + eco-friendly printer
• The paper I use is 100% Recycled, Green Seal Certified, Green-e certified, FSC Certified, Carbon Neutral, Processed Chlorine Free, WWF Certified and Rainforest Alliance Certified
• Envelopes are 100% recycled and sourced from the oldest family owned/operated local paper mill in Michigan
• The paper mill is 100% hydroelectric and has been since 1922
• Stationery boxes are 100% recycled PCW
• Stationery stickers are 100% recycled kraft paper
• Pinback button, magnet & enamel pin packaging is 100% recycled paper
• Business cards are 100% Recycled, Green Seal Certified, Green-e certified, FSC Certified, Carbon Neutral, Processed Chlorine Free, WWF Certified and Rainforest Alliance Certified.
I strive to be as sustainable as I can possibly be. Each year I reevaluate my practices and research new ways to “up” my standards.